About this tour
Be in the nature - Take time to feel the immensity: we make it possible!
The Swedish forests are so widely spread that you hardly encounter anyone. Resourceful, beautiful and peaceful, the forest soothes, refreshes and invigorates you in no time! Wilderness and lakes of pure water cover a great part of the country. Therefore, a unique wildlife experience is possible, giving you a greater chance to spot Nordic animals such as elks, owls, beavers, deers and many more. Hiking in Sweden allows you to experience the wilderness with clearer senses, noticing smells and specific sounds due to being away from any urban distractions.
In this four-day program, we bring you into the wild, across huge forests and around clear-watered lakes. We are self-sufficient during the whole trip, which means camping in the wilderness and cooking our food on wood fire which we build together. We are going to progress as a team and everyone should participate to the good proceedings of the hike. Each of you need to carry your own pack of camping gear, food and personal effects.
- Day 1: we depart from our office, south of Stockholm at 9 am and drive for an hour to a forest not far from a small town called Gnesta. Once there and after a check up on our backpack we start the hike by following a path for about an hour, the perfect amount of time to make sure that your gear is well adjusted. At that point we start the real adventure and walk off the beaten track: no path, no signs of human activity, nothing related to civilisation, the perfect setting if you want to really feel the wilderness. We usually have lunch around noon, in this magical environment.
In the evening we set our camp next to a lake in which you’re welcome to swim. We then build a fire and cook a delicious meal on it, prepared by your skilled guide (with your help).
- Day 2: we usually wake up around 8am, build a fire for making breakfast, pack the tents and take our time before getting started for a full day hike. Today is the opportunity to get quite deep in the forest. We might get lucky and spot some animals: a moose? maybe an owl?
We stop on the shore of another lake in the evening to set up camp. You might feel like having a dip in the water afterwards, before coming back to camp to warm up around the fire and enjoy a nice meal that you all prepared together.
- Day 3: Waking up at around 8am. We start to feel the wilderness routine of making a fire to heat the water for the coffee which has become almost an habit. The morning, warm drink is such a pleasure, nothing better than enjoying that in this landscape. After packing up our tents and backpacks, we continue throughout the forest. Today, this strange feeling appears, the feeling of belonging to the nature and the tall trees surrounding us. Yes we begin to feel our feet and legs getting sore but this is the cost of this wonderful experience. We will use this day to walk along the Likstammen lake which offers great and large views on the lake and on the islands. Nothing better after 2 days into dense forest. A fantastic camping spot for the last night is awaiting us, right on the setting sun and next to the long Likstammen lake. Let’s enjoy our last night in the wilderness of Scandinavia.
- Day 4: from 7am, it’s the same morning routine, we build a fire for making breakfast, pack the tents, take one last picture if you want and we’re on the move again. This is already the last day but it’s not over yet. We hike through the nature, to another part of this huge forest and see other landscapes. Later in the morning, we reach the last lake of this trip and from there follow a path that will bring us back to the car but not before having a lunch break and build one more fire, to eat while admiring the views one last time. Then it’s time to head back to civilisation with a head full of memories.
What do I need?
- Camping equipment (on request)
- Flight to Sweden
- Your travel insurance
Good to know
Activities on this tour:
- Cooking on wooden fire
- Wildlife and Flora
- Swimming in lake
What is included in the price?
- All meals
- Your guide