About this tour
A short tandem paragliding flight near Reykjavik with optional pickup and drop off from central Reykjavik. Enjoy views over lava fields, geothermal areas, snow-capped mountains, the city and Atlantic ocean.
Paragliding is the simplest and purest form of flying available to man. As a tandem passenger you need no prior knowledge, simply join our expert Paragliding Tandem Instructors and experience the world from a new and exciting perspective. Once the Paraglider is inflated and safety checks are done, we take a few steps down a slope until we are walking on air! The Paraglider has no motor and uses the rising air to silently glide above the ground with the other birds. Be prepared to have your mind blown
What do I need?
- Minimum age: under 18 years need parents written permission
- Weight limits: 20-120 kg
- You should wear: Good, laced up shoes, preferably hiking boots Outdoorsy clothes, it is colder in the air than on the ground Gloves and perhaps a thin hat to fit under your (provided) helmet
Good to know
- Airtime: up to 20 minutes depending on wind conditions, but always awesome!
- Total time: approx. 2 hours including the drive to and from central Reykjavík
- Pick up: if selected, starts 20 min. before your booked time
- Photography: Bring a camera at your own risk, or use our GoPro Hero4 on a stick; bookable extra
- If we need to cancel your booking because of weather you can either re-book for another try or choose one of our other Free Flying experiences. Due to how fast the weather changes in Iceland we can never guarantee a flight. If we do not manage to get you airborne during your stay in Iceland, you will receive a 100% refund.
- A Tandem Paragliding Flight is a legitimate Introductory flight operated by licensed Paragliding Instructor pilots from the Reykjavík Free Flying Club
What is included in the price?
- All safety equipment