About this tour
Experience a nice and memorable trip in the dark wilderness by driving a snowmobile. Now you can combine these experiences driving a snowmobile and hunting the Northern Lights. The safari is arranged on the best possible place – great small mountain facing north.
Even on our 45 minutes way out from the artificial lights it is possible to see the Northern Lights – Aurora Borealis if the weather is good. Afterwards we take the snowmobiles and drive in the dark wilderness finally reaching a wooden tepee. We make a fire in the tepee and enjoy warm beverages and barbeque snacks while watching the sky. The appearance of the lights is not guaranteed but they are visible in about 90 % of the clear sky evenings. Also the arctic starry sky is very beautiful. Spot the Big Bear and Polar Star, Northern Lights often appear just under the Polar Star. Listen to the stories about local life and nature by living fire.
Our Northern Lights trip has got excellent feedbacks already for years. This is because our Northern Lights spotting place is the best possible place in Rovaniemi area where are no other lights at all, northern sky is fully open and the weather is often clear even if it is cloudy or foggy in the town. By our long experience the right hours to be out there is 11-12 PM. Anyway you need some luck to see the lights and it is unpredictable even during the trip! Great surprises happen!
Why to book our organized trip? On this trip the weather is often better than in the city and you can see even the first thin lights once they appear. All kind of Northern Lights you see clearly because there is no artificial light in the air. The area has got a special micro climate that means open sky for most of the nights.The northern horizon is all visible and absolutely dark that is very important in Aurora hunting. This trip offers a great chance for taking pictures of Northern lights in the middle of beautiful arctic nature. Please also check the tour reviews on our TripAdvisor pages and join us – the Aurora experts!
Northern Lights trip by driving snowmobiles is an evening trip by snowmobiles for hunting the Northern Lights. The guide picks you up from your hotel and after receiving the winter adventure gear we drive to the wilderness where we learn to drive snowmobiles on a snowmobile safari and keep on searching the Northern Lights in the best possible area. As Aurora Borealis – Northern Lights is a natural phenomenon out of human control you need some luck to see them. Children and those who want can also sit as passengers. During the tour we will offer you a nice barbeque, something to eat for all tastes.
Depending on the conditions we will drive on mountains or in the forests but maximising your chance to see the Northern Lights. Welcome!
Good to know
- Suitable for families
- Each snowmobile is shared by two guests taking turns in driving. If you want to drive a snowmobile by yourself, without another guest, please add the solo driving supplement and enjoy the safari to the fullest!
- The driver of the snowmobile is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. The maximum personal liability is 900 € per person / snowmobile / accident
- The self-liability waiver reduces the amount of maximum self-liability from 900 € to 200 €. The self-liability waiver costs 20 € per driver per safari and can be bought as an optional for all our snowmobile safaris or on the spot before the safari. The self-liability waiver is personal
- You will find both the supplement and the self-liability waiver under Extras. These extras are available only for drivers
What is included in the price?
- Adventure gear
- Guidance services
- Snacks mentioned
- Organizer’s liability insurance
- Safari desk support