Recreational and educational kayak trip on the fjord of Ulvik with an experienced instructor and guide.
Not only will you enjoy the fun and sportive kayaking experience, but you will also get to learn some basic skills for surviving in nature, and learn about the fascinating local culture and history. After the initial instruction, we will paddle to an island on the fjord, where you will learn to make fire, identify edible plants and, if weather conditions permit, help set up a makeshift shelter. Then we paddle to a peninsula where we go ashore. You will learn how people lived and survived in the old days and how they used nature. Our guide will talk about local traditions, and, tell some amazing stories about historical events that took place in this little paradise.
- Welcoming Customers sign a waiver and then wait in the B-Active Center until all participants have arrived
- Instruction Gathering at the dock * dispensing of equipment * paddling safety * boarding of kayaks and instruction on paddling * paddle to the island
- Nature experience On shore *workshop fire & edible plants * leave no trace
- History & culture Boarding and paddling to on-shore point with culture & history talk
- Arrival at B-Active Center Returning of equipment * opportunity to write a review in our guestbook or Trip Advisor, and visit the shop for local products