The information about this event has been found on the website of the event or through other publicly available sources. Always check the official website for the latest race information. Please contact us in case information about this event is incorrect or not up to date.
Probably the Toughest Multi-Terrain Foot Race in the world. It takes place in 2018 from Monday August 27th to Saturday September 1st.
The Icelandic interior is uninhabited with the nearest road being over 100 miles away from our starting point, this allows the course to take in glacial/volcanic plains, lava fields, deserts of ash, starting in the centre and head north towards the lush meadows as we get closer to the coast, providing a variety of spectacular. Challenging terrain and natural obstacles:
- Imagine crossing the ancient volcanic landscape completely untouched by human hand.
- Brand new Volcanic landscape, now going where no one has gone before
- Being one of a handful of people ever to set foot and maybe the last, previous competitors covered land no one will ever see again
- Running through volcanic steam vents heading north towards the Arctic Circle.
- Running along the ridge and almost the full circumference of a Dormant Volcano
- Passing through landscapes only seen in Science Fiction films
- In recent years competitors have been treated to fantastic Northern lights displays during the event.
Date: 27 August 2018
Location: Akureyri, Iceland
Registration: You can register for the event via this link
More information on this event can be found on the website of the organiser - Fire + Ice Ultra