About this tour
The full moon will lead us to some enchanting places in the least known area of Abruzzo National Park. The view of the Mainarde mountains is unique for its natural features, for the sight of bright peaks and for the uncomparable silence and solitude of the valley. These places are home to a lot of chamoises, deers, wolves and golden eagles. On our way we can discover unique landscapes and the little villages we will encounter are characterized by simple but strong traditions that contain cultural and artistic features to be discovered.
- Arrival to the village of Pizzone, in the afternon accomodation of participants in the hotel and introduction of the guide. In the evening there will be a short hike dedicated to the tracks the wild animals
- We will wait for the moonlight to hear the sounds of the forest and, if we are lucky, we will hear also the howling of the wolf.
- Return to the hotel, dinner by the fire and overnight stay
- After a hearty breakfast departure from “Pianoro Le Forme” to reach “Passo dei Monaci” pass. The itinerary allows you to spot certainly deers and chamoises but offers also great opportunities depending on the presence of the Apennine Wolf and the Marsican Bear. For those who want, we will reach the top of the Mount Meta. From this top you can observe the three sides of Abruzzo National Park: towards the Gran Sasso d’Italia, the Majella massif and Capri and Ischia islands, if there are good weather conditions
- In the afternoon return in the valley and a cup of hot chocolate
- During the winter the “Valle di Mezzo” valley is populated by a lot of animals that descend into the valley in search of food, because of the snow on the tops of the Mainarde mountain chain. We will cross downhill a forest rich in beech and oak trees until we will reach the village of Pizzone
- Then lunch in agritourism with local products and in the afternoon transfer to the village of Castel San Vincenzo. A real artistic treasure, known to the specialists from all over the world, is kept in the ancient Abbey of San Vincenzo al Volturno
- In the evening departure of the participants
What do I need?
- We reccomend you to dress in layers
- Trekking shoes
- Water bottle
- Long pants
- Hat and wool gloves
- Down jacket
- Sun protection cream
- We always recommend wearing a t-shirt to spare in your backpack
What is included in the price?
- Guide and organization
- Food and accommodation with half board services in family hotel
- Lunch or packed lunch
- Any transports
- Extra and personal expenses