This tour is designed to show off the diversity of the outback, from stunning red sand dunes to stark gibber plains that stretch as far as the eye can see. Meet the real outback characters who call this land home!
Enter the ‘back of beyond’ on an adventure like no other. Renowned as the 4wd Mecca of the outback, Birdsville is surrounded by some of the most rugged outback tracks and spectacular landscapes. Conquer the outback in comfort in the safe hands of professionally trained and experienced driver-guide. Marvel at the isolation of some of Australia’s most remote locations as we explore the history and culture of Australia’s indigenous people, pioneers and mining and station communities that lived and worked one of the world’s harshest lands.
- Discover Birdsville – the 4WD mecca of the outback – and conquer the Simpson Desert’s highest sand dune ‘Big Red’ that stands at over 40 metres high!
- Explore Tibooburra - the most remote town in outback NSW – with visits to Golden Gully, the quirky Family Hotel and the Tiboburra Museum
- Visit national icons such as the Corner Post, the Dingo Fence, and the Dig Tree of Burke and Wills
- Travel dirt roads through changing country landscapes to remote destinations including Milparinka, Cooper Creek, Windorah, Innamincka and Thargomindah
- Spectacular scenery filled with native flora and abundant opportunities to encounter native bird and wildlife species